Health researchers have concluded that dried apricots, raisins, dried apples, dried berries and other dried fruit should be included in a healthy diet. There are many reasons for this:
1) Dried fruits are just as healthy as fresh. New research proves it. In the past, there has been a myth that dried fruit have more sugar and calories. However, research has shown that once portion size and water content are accounted for, fresh fruit and dried fruit have the same calories and the same natural sugars.
2) Dried fruits have the same nutritional benefits as fresh fruit. They have fiber and the same minerals and vitamins. In fact, dried fruit are often picked at their peak while fresh fruit is picked before it is ripe so that it can be shipped. Therefore, dried fruit like bulk walnuts is at the peak of its nutritional value when dried.
3) Dried fruits and bulk peanuts can help fight disease. Researchers at the University of Minnesota have found that dried fruits are a good source of fiber, which has been linked to improved overall health. As well, dried fruits are low in terms of the glycemic index, and can therefore reduce the risk of metabolic disease. Researchers at the University of Leeds have concluded that dried fruit can help protect against heart disease because they contain potassium and polyphenols.
4) Dried fruits can make it easier for people to eat enough fruit. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), only about 32.5% of US adults ate the recommended daily amount of fruits and vegetables. Dried fruit can be a more convenient way to eat fruit, making it easier for people to reach their health goals.
5) Dried fruits are portable. Unlike fresh fruit, dried fruit does not spoil, bruise, or cause a mess in a lunch or a briefcase. It can easily be carried as a snack, making it easier for people to eat healthy snacks. In fact, Nutstop sells snack packs of dried fruit and wholesale nuts, which make it easy to take dried fruit on the go.
6) Dried fruit are economical. Many people avoid eating healthier foods because they believe that healthier options are more costly. Indeed, fresh fruit out of season can be very costly. Dried fruit, however, is available year-round and can be very economical. Nutstop, for example, sells bulk dried fruit at wholesale prices. Customers can buy in bulk and enjoy low wholesale prices, too. In fact, Nutstop has the lowest prices in the industry, so it’s easy to buy bulk dried apples, dried mangoes, and other dried fruits and get them delivered to your door – for less.